Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Monday, March 5, 2012

Settling In

We are settling in nicely into our new home. There are still some things to do at the old one, but the majority of it is finished.  We are waiting on our donated items to be picked up and TRYING to get the last of our things out.  It is difficult with only having one car, but it will get done.

Someone asked me if I would give a little tour once we got unpacked, so I thought I would do that today.  Each day, I try and unpack something else.  As I have been unpacking the things that I thought I couldn't live without, I find myself going...."WHY, DID I THINK I NEEDED THIS?"....and out it goes. Since we have been here, I have filled six more boxes of things to donate.  WOO HOO!

 

This morning we woke up to a light snow fall, and it is still going.  Unfortunately, the weather service said it is supposed to turn to rain by this afternoon....BOO!  lol










I still have some things I want to put up on the walls but had to wait for My Skippy Man to return from France.  He had an AMAZING TIME!  He said he LOVED IT there and could live there if given the chance.  Hasn't he learned yet to be careful about what he says?  lol

As soon as I get the bedrooms done, I'll post pics of them too!

HAVE A MARVELOUS MONDAY!


9 comments:

  1. So happy you are settling in and that Mr. Skippy man is home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,

    I love the deep colors of your couch (I adore rose patterns), dining table, and the paintings on the dining room wall. Your kitchen counters are such a nice tone and pattern. I love hutches – your green hutch is so cozy looking, and I LOVE that dark chest with the large soup tureen and the picture hanging over it, and the pictures stacked behind it…that looks so delightfully quaint!

    Also, that photo of the snow, the fence with the light dusting of snow magnificent!

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura,

    Thanks for the update. I look forward to seeing it in person.

    Glad Skippy made it home safe. Lol... you would think we would all learn to be more careful of what we say.

    Hugs,

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new home looks lovely. I did that too when I moved wondering why I packed some things that I thought I couldn't live without.
    Happy that things are falling into place for you. The light snow looks so pretty. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new home is beautiful! Congratulations!
    I hope your Skippy Man has a safe trip home from France. I will keep him in my prayers for safe travels!
    xxoo
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new home is beautiful! It's so good seeing you again. I miss you when you are away. =) Really...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are getting all settled in. Loved seeing the pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I didn't know y'all were moving! Looks homey!! Double yay for purging :)
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - Laura - that is such a nice home and you made it even BETTA! :) Good to hear from you on email today - I appreciate your taking the time. I see that you are still blogging without hesitation! :)
    Love you and I LOVE your cat - seems to love getting it's pix taken. ;) LOL!

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!