Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Homemade Lime Tortilla Chips

I absolutely LOVE lime tortilla chips but absolutely HATE paying almost $4.00 a bag for them.  The other night while we were at the grocery store and I saw a bag of chips.  Hmmm.......I just know I can find a recipe for those and make my own, so that's what I did.  It was so easy, I don't think I will ever buy them again, unless they are on sale and I can get them at some ridiculously  low price.

For this recipe, you will need the following:

10 corn tortilla chips
1/4 cup lime juice
2 teaspoons kosher salt

Cut the tortillas into quarters (I cut mine into eighths) and dip into lime and salt mixture.  Lay your pieces out on a cooling rack to dry COMPLETELY!  Deep fry in oil of choice.  Now wasn't that easy?

ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. I know! It’s just WRONG to pay so much for chips! ☺

    You are always posting the tastiest looking things, Laura.

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! worth saving the money...sounds fun to do too!!

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!