Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

40-Minute Hamburger Buns

I have not had a chance to bake anything from scratch since we moved, but the other night I made Skippy and Kiddo bacon and cheddar Angus burgers I got at Sharp Shopper for $3.99.  What a deal at almost half the price you pay in the grocery store.

I have been making these hamburger buns for awhile now and my family LOVES them!  I posted this pic on facebook the other night and some of my friends asked me for the recipe.  I thought I had already posted it here on my blog, but realized the other night that I hadn't, so here it is.

I use this recipe when I need hot dog rolls and rolls for my BBQ sandwiches....YUMMMY!

This recipe is very easy and takes about half the time as most bun recipes.  For one dozen buns, you will need the following:

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
  • 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water (110° to 115°)
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Directions

  • In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add oil and sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the egg, salt and enough flour to form a soft dough.
  • Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 3-5 minutes. Do not let rise. Divide into 12 pieces; shape each into a ball. Place 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
  • Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 1 dozen.

We LOVE to eat these rolls hot and fresh right out of the oven.  Sometimes they don't even make it to the table!  :>)

ENJOY!

4 comments:

  1. Hello!

    Such a lovely comment you left on my blog this morning, Laura – Thank You!

    This picture looks deliciously delightful! I will HAVE to print this recipe!

    I read that as hot dog rolls, and paused, wondering why you made hot rolls for your dog. Then when I continued reading, I realized you make “hotdog rolls”! Ha! Ha! So funny!

    ☺~Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Laura.

    I have tried repeatedly to find a recipe I liked for buns and have never had much success. I look forward to trying these.

    Hugs,

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, those look delish! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Laura! Thank you for all your encouraging comments to me. The recipe here sounds nice. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!