Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

SIMPLY BLESSED

Have you ever prayed to God that He would give you some idea of what direction your life should take? Have you ever told Him the desires of your heart? Have you seriously prayed for the Lord to make clear to you if those desires are His will for you life? 

As a most of you know I LOVE photography, and if you ask my family, they will tell you that I am rarely seen without my camera.  It was a desire of my heart to one day go into the photography business, but as you know, a good camera can be very expensive.  We have an old Sony that has done an incredible job, considering the only setting that worked well was the action setting.   However, that doesn't work very well if you are doing a wedding and you need to take rapid shots.  lol

After a good while of trying to save for a new camera and lenses, I started to feel that perhaps even though this was a desire of my heart, it may not have been what God intended for me.  So, I put it to prayer and laid it at the Lord's feet.

"Father, my love for photography and desire to use it in a way that will glorify You and have some sort of ministry with it, please show me in a way that I will know that it IS Your will for me to continue.  If it is not, please close this door!"  

Two weeks ago, a precious photographer friend from church was going to let me borrow her camera to photograph my nieces wedding.  She told me that after thinking about a conversation we had, that I was right......that it's not like borrowing someone's car that has insurance.  She said she was sorry but she didn't think it was a good idea for me to borrow her camera and that I really needed to take my own. I said I understood and that it was ok.  She looked at me again and said, "Every photographer needs to have a good camera!"  And with that, she handed me a camera bag, and inside that camera bag, was a BEAUTIFUL camera with two lenses, an extra battery and charger, a flash, and a USB cable to upload pics to the computer.  I am so excited, so amazed, I honestly don't have the words to describe how I feel, other than I am SIMPLY BLESSED!   When I asked her why she had given me such an amazing gift, she said God whispered in her ear and she needed to be obedient.

When we follow God's leading and we are obedient........He not only blesses the receiver of our obedience, but He blesses US more than we could ever imagine!


7 comments:

  1. Oh what a fabulous blessing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thrilled for you!!! *jumping up and down*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reading your blog for the first time. I saw you on Meadowbrook Farms blog under her comments for post from today. March 14. You write with such strength of faith. Something I am striving for more of. I am pleased to have come across you and your blog.
    So happy for you on receiving your camera. Isn't He awesome!!!

    Snooks
    @ 3 Beeze Homesead

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an amazing story, and I desire, more than anything, to have the ear into which God would choose to whisper. What a blessed woman your friend is!

    What a blessed woman you are! I am so happy for you, dear Laura!

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an amazing story, and I desire, more than anything, to have the ear into which God would choose to whisper. What a blessed woman your friend is!

    What a blessed woman you are! I am so happy for you, dear Laura!

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Laura,
    what a wonderful blessing - Praise the Lord!
    It really lifts us up when we receive such sweet confirmations of God's word to us, doesn't it?!
    blessings to you...Trish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura,
    That is such an awesome story! What a blessing. I'm so humbled and amazed at the way God cares for our "wants" as well as our needs. He is amazing!

    Enjoy your new toy:)

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!