Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My Grandmother's Recipe Journal

My grandmother, Foxy, was an AMAZING cook.  I absolutely LOVED her macaroni & cheese and her apple tarts.....DELICIOUS!  I can almost smell it baking in the oven......oh, the memories!

One of my most prized possessions is a recipe journal that belonged to my grandmother. Some of the recipes are newspaper clippings, some from boxes, and some from recipe cards, but my favorites are the ones that are hand-written by Foxy.  It is so awesome to me, knowing that my grandmother's hands have been all over this book, inside and out.

The date on the inside front cover, when this book was started,
is 1926.....AMAZING!!!


You can see how much these recipes were used.  
Oh, the stories this journal could tell!


I love the title on this page
The American Weekly.....Housewife's Food Almanack


I am so going to try this doughnut recipe this weekend and when I do, 
I will be thinking of my beloved Foxy!



7 comments:

  1. That is so wonderful that you have that from your grandmother. Was Foxy a nickname? Hope you'll show us pictures of the donuts and let us know how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a lovely treasure! And I heart her name! Have a donut for me, Laura.

    Happy Thanksgiving,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a treasure. That is what an heirloom really is. Let us know how the donuts are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing to have that journal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing gift!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a wonderful treasure!
    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!