Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Blame Game

"Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper,
   but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.
" (Proverbs 28:13)



Looking for someone else to blame when things go wrong in life is something we do often to escape from being held accountable. Do you blame others for the foolish things you do and for your bad choices? Do you point the finger and say, "If they hadn't been so . . . . or If they weren't here then. . . . I wouldn't have . . .?"

Whether it is our friendships, marriage, or homeschooling, God holds everyone of us accountable to faithfully obey Him in what He has commanded us to do. Blaming others is really trying to hide our own failings from God. The blame game first started in the Garden of Eden with Adam and Eve, but we don't have to keep playing it in our home. We need to confess our sin instead of trying to "pass the buck" and be healed!

Father,

Thank You for Your forgiveness that You freely give to me. Help me to acknowledge that the fault lies with me when I sin and not others. Please help me to keep my heart clean before You. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

3 comments:

  1. AMEN, Girlfriend!

    Blessings, hugs, and prayers,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Laura. I also love the pumpkin prayer. I'll have to write that down. What a great site you have here! : ) May God bless you and your family abundantly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu got that right! BUT, I think the saying is funny.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!