Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Monday, January 27, 2020

Pressure Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup


The other day I was SO COLD I know I was going to have to make a pot of soup for dinner.  I searched for an easy chicken recipe since I had plenty of that on hand.  I found one for the pressure cooker which I actually had every ingredient for....not something that happens every day.

For this recipe you will need.........
  • 2 Large Chìcken Breasts
  • 12 oz your favorìte salsa
  • 6 Cups Chìcken Broth
  • 1 onìon, chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper, dìced
  • 2 teaspoons cumìn
  • 1 tablespoon chìlì powder
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 4 ounces tomato paste
  • 1 15oz can black beans, draìned and rìnsed
  • 2 cups frozen corn
 
     In pressure cookìng pot, add chìcken, salsa, chìcken broth

     
    onìon, bell pepper, .
     
    salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, cumìn, chìlì powder, 
    and tomato paste. I didn't have any tomato paste so I used diced tomatoes, drained.
     
    Stìr together.
     
    Lock lìd and set to hìgh pressure for 10 mìnutes.When tìme ìs up, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 mìnutes and then use a quìck release to get all the remaìnìng pressure out.
    Remove lid and shred chicken using two forks. Set pressure cooker to “simmer” setting and add black beans and corn. Stir until corn is heated through.
    Ladle into bowls and top with a squeeze of lime juice, a dollop of sour cream or greek yogurt, a few sprigs of cilantro, chopped green onion, chopped avocado, and crushed tortilla chips.

    This recipe was easy and very tasty.  Because I used diced tomatoes instead of tomato paste, my soup was a bit on the thin side.  To thicken it I sprinkled in instant potato flakes until it reached the thickness I was wanting.

    If you make this recipe, please come back and let me know how you liked it!

    Blessings~
    Laura


    1 comment:

    WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!