Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Friday, January 24, 2020

Night Guard

I have been having severe pain on the right side of my face, down the side of my head from my ear to my jaw and my teeth on the bottom right and the top in the front. I went to the dentist because the pain was bad. After an exam and x-rays she said my teeth were great and that the pain was from grinding and clenching my teeth.  She suggested I get a night guard. Our dental insurance covers a great deal but unfortunately, a $525 guard is not one of them.

Bean (our youngest daughter) had gotten a night guard from a company called CHEECKY.COM for a lot less than our dentist's fee PLUS they had a special going on for 20% off your subscription.  Your subscription is a year at a time, sending you a guard every 3 months.  The cost is $149 for the year if you choose to pay all at once or you can do the tri-monthly plan which would be the cost of the kit and $35 every 3 months. I didn't have all that upfront so I went with the latter.
 
They send you a kit with everything you need to make two impressions.
First you try both a pink and a green one to determine which size bets fits your mouth.
 These two substances are like very soft silly-putty.  Separate they don't do much but when you squish them together, they active each other and start to get hard.
 
 You smoosh and squeese the two colors together, working quickly till it becomes one consistent pink color.  Take your mixture and make two pieces.
 
 Quickly take the first half and make a log, putting it in one side of the mold.
Then take the other half and shape it into another log and do the same on the other side. 
Put the mold into your mouth and bite down, pushing the mold back towards your front teeth.
Put the timer on for 3:30 seconds. Gently pull the mold off your teeth.
(sorry I forgot to take a picture of it in my mouth)
 You do this two times. When you are done, put both of the molds in separate plastic bags.
 
 Put the bags with your molds back in the original box.
 
Put the box in the self addressed mailer that came in your kit and drop at your local post office or in a drop box.  It really is easy and very affordable.  Praying this will alleviate all of my pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!