Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

My Word For 2020

The new year is a great time for reflection, for change and for making plans. Life is crazy and having a daily reminder of what you want to actively work toward every day can be powerful. Choosing a WORD is a simple and intentional way to spotlight your goals and help you stay on track to achieve them. Think about what you want to achieve personally, professionally and spiritually. Think about what brings you joy or challenges you. Then ask yourself: What word will help me achieve my goal? Here's a few responses from my friends and family:

“God”
“Balance”
"Intentional"
“Determination”
"Dwell"
"Rest"
“Courage”

My word for 2020 is JOY
As I begin to look ahead to this New Year and think back over 2019, one huge desire comes to mind.....the desire for MORE JOY in all things. There is a lot of hurt, anger, sadness, disappointment and death that went along with 2019, but there were also many wonderful memories made and SO MUCH LOVE GIVEN as well.

So my word for this year is JOY because it perfectly describes my goals for this year as we'll as something the world needs so much more of.

We can find our need for JOY right in the scriptures......

1) God calls us to have Joy in all things
***“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”
~1 Thessalonians 5:16

2) We find Joy when we cultivate a Thankful heart
***"Rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught and overflowing with thankfulness!"
~Colossians 2:7

3) Being content…
"Not that I speak from personal need, for I have learned to be content and self-sufficient through Christ!"
~Philippians 4:11

4) And worshiping the LORD
"Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs!"
~Psalm 100:2

My GOALS for 2020

My goals for this year are coming out of my desire for more JOY in my life, to be more thankful and walk deeper with Him.

1) Memorize Scripture to fill my mind with the things of God
*I’m hoping to sit down soon to compile a list of Bible verses that go along with my goals and areas that I’m struggling with and make Scripture memory cards out of them. I’ve been convicted that I have far too little Scripture memorized.

2) Daily Bible Reading
*For me, 2019 was a year of inconsistent Bible reading than I’ve had in a really long time. But there’s always room for improvement and I’m more motivated than ever to make sure that each day is focused on the things of God and not simply my own.

3) More Consistent Prayer
*God doesn’t need us to pray. But God has given us a wonderful opportunity in prayer to draw closer to him. Prayer is a key element of the Christian life – and yet a VERY EASY one to ignore.

4) Better Schedules & Routines
*One of those MUST DO'S for my year that I will be focusing on the most is going to be getting to bed earlier and getting up earlier. I am going to start getting up a few minutes early, increasing that each day, in the hopes of establishing a solid morning routine that includes my Bible reading, prayer, and a few minutes of planning so that I can start off my day in control instead of waking up to chaos and already feeling so far behind!!

I am confident these things will be accomplished this year as I have an amazing support system who will help hold me accountable.

WHAT IS YOUR WORD FOR 2020?

No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!