Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Monday, January 30, 2012

A Sneak Peak

The packing has been going okay so far, but now it's time to kick it into high gear. I can barely move amongst all the stuff and the kitchen is a maze of boxes with stuff spread out all over the kitchen table.   I know this transition is hard on Kiddo so I have been trying my best to keep things as normal as possible, but I am finding out that is no small feat.   I am making pizza for dinner tonight, so I know he will be a happy camper this evening for at least a little while! 

I took some pics of our new home the other day and thought I would share them with you.  This house was a weekend rental and came furnished, but all of the furniture has now been removed.
central heat and air!  WOO HOO!
We've NEVER had that before, only window units
Thank you, Lord, for the a/c!
the flower bed is filled with hostas.....I love hostas! 
We FINALLY have a screened in porch we can 
sit on during thunder and lightning storms.  
We LOVE to listen to the rain
living room
dining area
 
bathroom
kitchen
I just can't seem to get away from the 
washer and dryer being in the kitchen
behind bi-fold doors!  lol
another view of the dining area
from the kitchen
as you can see, it's an open floor plan so I can see 
EVERYTHING that goes on....lol
Kiddo's bedroom
our bedroom
and the sewing/computer room.
Did you notice I put SEWING first?  lol
My Skippy Man in the kitchen.   I like that....yes, I do! 


the back part of the yard and right in front of this hill is.....
AAHHH!  You have to walk through some wiry weeds
but it's worth the trek.  Skippy wants to dam up 
a small spot here so the kids can go swimming.

And there is another perk to this house but I didn't get a picture of that.  It's a..... HOT TUB!  WOO HOO!

Well, I'm off....time to pack some more boxes!  

Thank you, sweet Father, for providing us with a home and for the little extra blessings that we didn't even ask for, but that you thought we needed!

14 comments:

  1. It is beautiful and so nice to see God giving you special little blessings in the midst of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely, Laura, and big. We have only 1 bedroom! Even your cooker is bigger than ours. So glad the Lord has blessed you in this way. You KNOW you can rely on him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura,

    What a beautiful house. I love the idea of a screen porch and hot tub. I can see long walks in those woods and time spent there having quiet time with the Lord. Now, in our first apartment the washer and dryer were in the kitchen. I found that very helpful because I could run a load or fold it while I was waiting on something to cook. The only down side was I sorted the dirty laundry in the dining room. I think you will be very happy in your new home. I can not wait to see your own touches.

    Hugs,

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so pretty Laura:) So glad you were able to find another home so soon. Will you be able to keep your chickens?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The house looks perfect. I wish you happiness in every corner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woweeezowee - you are BLEST! I LIKE IT! :) Happy packing and moving - I'm praying for you... ((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing the pictures of your new home, Laura. Very nice!
    I would love to have a screened-in porch. I like to be outside in the evenings, but it's not really possible with all the mosquitoes we have around here.
    I'm sure you'll enjoy your hot tub, and the little stream is so pretty.
    My parents' house has the W/D in the kitchen behind bi-fold doors. I don't think Mom minds it. I remember helping fold many loads of clothes at the kitchen table! :)
    So glad things are working out well for you.♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great house! I'm so happy for you. I love that screened in porch. When do you think you'll be moving? Hope all goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been away…but I just wanted to stop by and say “Hello!”

    Wow! What changes! It all looks very comfortable, and I love the screened porch – thunderstorms are such a delight. I am so happy for you.

    ♥ Hope

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S. I have a new blog address:

    http://pleasant-simplicity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope everything is coming together and that you all are enjoying your new home.

    ♥ Hope

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thankful for all of GODS provisions! Indeed, HE is faithful!
    Blessings, hugs, and prayers,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  13. So excited for you and your family! What a lovely new home you all have:-) Prayers that the transistion is smooth and you feel God's love through the process.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely new home. I pray your family will flourish in it. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!