Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I Just Can't Seem To Get Warm

It has been cold here for the past few days. I absolutely LOVE the cold weather and everything that comes with it.....especially the snow.  HOPEFULLY will get some significant snow falls this year. Yesterday it was in the twenties, but the wind hOwLeD like crazy making it seem raw and bitter.....even the ladies ran for cover back in their house.   Last night it got down to 16 and so far today, it hasn't gotten above freezing.

Normally, I can deal with the cold, but for some reason, these past two days I have been FROZEN, and nothing aside form sitting in my rocking chair wrapped in a quilt, holding a hot cup of tea, and  practically sitting on top of the wood stove has even helped.  I did realize yesterday, that three storm windows were still down, and one window was open, but they were quickly taken care of.  I thought that would help, but today feels the same way.

Not wanting to continue to feel like a momsicle, I decided to put up sheets in the two doorways between the kitchen and the living room since we don't use that very much, trying to keep the heat focused on the rest of the house that we do use, especially the kitchen.  While I was putting up the sheets, I remembered back when we were growing up and my parents did the same thing,.  I have done this during the summer as well, to help with the air conditioning.  Hey, you do what you have to do, right?

After putting up the sheets and closing off the back storage room, I have begun to feel a big difference already.  I did, however, figure out how to feel warmer really quick........I went outside to feed the chickens without my coat.  I was out for only about 5 minutes, but when I came back inside......WARMTH!  I'll have to do the same thing during the summer to get cooler!  lol

I pray those of you that live in areas were the temperatures have plummeted, are able to stay nice and toasty warm. 

Have a great day!


4 comments:

  1. Glad you have been able to get warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I can so relate! This morning was -5 with the wind chill here, and it only got to the mid 20's today. So glad we got our propane company to come hook us up today!!
    I bundle too, usually walking around in my bathrobe on top of my clothes lol. Praying you are not getting sick, and it's just this crazy weather.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very cold here... but we are glad for it. I don't like when the seasons get all mixed up. I would like a few blizzards now. We stay snug in the family room by the wood stove. We go upstairs for cooking and bedtime and that's about it.

    Stay warm my friend,

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy Laura!

    I am hearing you! We had literally freezing temperatures during December, and we have not been permitted to have a fire 24 days out of the past 30 days. We have been playing the Fireplace for Your Home, on Netflix and burning oil lanterns to give our home a warmer feel…it’s all in the mind – Ha! Ha!

    Happy New Year!!!
    ☺Hope

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!