Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

This Is Tiring

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

I have to say, this moving thing is TIRING, not just physically, but emotionally as well. I have lived in four different places but have never really had to do much packing, until now. When I moved from my parents home into an apartment I shared with my sister, we didn't have much to bring with us, so that was quick and easy. We didn't live there long due to us being robbed, so we didn't acquire much. After I got married and we moved into our apartment, again, I didn't have much to go with, basically, just my clothes. Our apartment was tiny, so when we moved to a house, there wasn't much to move over, at least nothing that really required much packing.

In July of 1989, we came down to VA with my dad to help him move and get things ready for my mom and grandmother, who would be coming down in February. We stayed for two weeks to help him unpack and get things situated, especially in the kitchen. I knew that would be the first place mom would want ready for when she came home.

Well, they morning we were supposed to go back to NY, I told My Skippy Man, "I am not going back. The girls and I are staying here in VA!" "OK!", he said, and went back to NY, quit his job, and packed up our entire house....by himself. WHAT AN AWESOME HUSBAND I HAVE!! Then, we bought my parents home. Pretty easy moving job since we already lived here......no packing again! :> )

Fast forward to present day. Now we are carefully going through over 22 years of ours, my parent's, and our children's lives, sorting and reminiscing. We have experienced birth, death, benchmark milestones of our children, dinners and celebrations with friends and family, game and family nights, difficult times in our marriage, our children's graduations, the marriages of our daughters, homeschooling Kiddo, and many more trials and blessings the good Lord has allowed us to have and experience.

Part of me is sad to be moving on, but the other part of me is really and truly excited to be starting a new chapter in our lives.

9 comments:

  1. Prayers for you darlin as you deal not only with the realities of the move, but the emotional side of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping the excitement and blessings will totally outweigh the sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving is hard. We lived in our last house for 17 years and had way to much stuff. The older we get the harder the work seems to become. So sorry you have to go through this but it's a perfect time to purge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ladies, I am so blessed to call you friends! Thank you for all your kind words, encouragwment, and prayers. They are greatly appreciated!

    ((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura, My heart just wants to reach through cyber-space and help. When we moved five years ago, across many states in the dead of winter, I said I'd never do that again. I just wish I was close so I could come help. I'll be praying for you dear one!!!!
    Hugs & love,
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  6. May GOD bless you as you continue to move forward with HIM! Love you and thankful to have been a part of the praying process! You are an inspiration to me in so many ways.
    Hugs,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww dear one I know moving is hard. May God give you peace and a reward of your hard work Laura. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that video. Look up this one too ... "Rest" by Matthew West - he sings the verse you used - Matt. 11:28-30 ... and it's on the c.d. "Jesus Calling" ;) God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!