Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Being Transparent

I feel that God is putting it upon my heart to be totally transparent with all of you today and explain our move.  Ever since I left my full-time job as a teaching assistant in the public school system, things have been difficult financially for us, but God has always provided for our needs.  We knew it would be difficult, but we felt that God had directed us to homeschool Kiddo for his high school years, so we did.  It wasn't just a leap of faith....it was completely throwing ourselves off the top of the mountain, but we knew deep in our hearts, God was waiting down below, ready to catch us.

I cut corners where I could, made things from scratch, have sold things on eBay and Etsy, but that wasn't enough.  About three years ago, we went to the mortgage company asking for help in reducing our payments.  They helped us get everything current so we were not late or behind, but then raised our mortgage payments.  Hmmm.....somehow that just didn't make sense to me.

So, we had done our best to meet our payments on time, but again, it was a severe struggle.  We again went to the mortgage company for some help.  We asked if they could reduce our payments long enough for us to finish our last year of homeschooling our son who has Asperger's.  Upon his graduating, I would be able to go back to work and be able to meet our mortgage payment.  Skippy would call time and time again to find out the status of our modification, but only to be told our "associate" was not in the office or she was not at her desk.  After months of hearing nothing, we got a letter in the mail from a lawyer with a sale date of December 14th, where our home would be auctioned off on the courthouse steps.  Again, Skippy called and our "associate" was not in her office.  After hearing no more from either the mortgage company or the lawyers office, Skippy called our mortgage company on the 13th and told us that the lawyer's office had agreed to delay the sale the following date.  WONDERFUL, but why hadn't anyone contacted us to let us know?  At this point now, we knew we had at least thirty days if we didn't get approved for our modification.

After a few more weeks of calling, Skippy finally found out that our associate no longer worked there.  They apologized for her lack of communication and in the same breath, said that they were sorry to inform us that our modification had been denied.  But, the good news was that we could now do a short sale and as long as we had a contract with a realtor at least ten days before the lawyer's office had rescheduled a sale date, that would halt any foreclosure proceedings.  So, that is what we did.  However, unbeknownst to us, our house had already been listed on the internet as a Trustee Sale and will be sold at auction on the courthouse steps on February 8th. 

I know we should be fuming at all that has happened, but we can't be.  We know that God has a plan; a plan larger than anything we could ever comprehend! 

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us!"  Ephesians 3:20



~HALLELUJAH, 
GOD IS IN CONTROL!~


12 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    God's plans can be very difficult to follow. I left friends and family 1400 miles away almost three years ago. We are doing better in all ways. Did I like it? No. Do I like it? Not always. Do I believe it is God's plan? Yes, I really do. One day his plan will be very clear.

    God Bless. Lots of love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I will pray...Thank you for sharing what's going on. I was wondering....

    God is sovereign. He is all knowing. He will sustain you. That doesn't mean it won't be hard, scary or difficult, but it does mean you have the security in knowing that He is working this out for your good and His glory.

    Love you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura, Oh what a testimony to God's unfailing love and interest in our lives. You have such a blessed attitude in this; I found myself getting a bit upset as I read what you had dealt with. I know the Lord has a much greater plan for you and that in your "counting it all joy", He will reward you.
    Hugs today. Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed the last post apparently:( I am so sorry you have to go through this hun. I am amazed at your strength and faith, wish I had as much! Know you are always on my mind and in my prayers!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this, Laura. Please know I'll be praying for you. Yes, God is in control, and He is going to take care of you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry. I am also angry that the banks would not really work with you. Thank you so much for sharing your story and I wish you all the best in your move. I am so thankful that God keeps showing you His love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To God Be the Glory!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura,
    I pray God will direct your path and bless you beyond your imagination, as He so often does.

    This situation sounds like you've been done wrong, but since your faith is in an almighty God, and not stupid humans, you will come out on top!

    I wish you the best of God's graces and I hope you don't give up blogging because we need you:)

    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear all that's going on. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us all posted and I pray you will continue blogging, I know we have never met in person, but I feel you are a good friend. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  10. GOD has great blessings for both you and skippy! He will reward your obedience and prepare the way before you!

    Hugs, love, and continued prayers,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those banks are tough to deal with ... :( That said - I'm so glad you and Skippy Man and your son are doing well regardless of what's happening in this world. And although you are sad to leave this home - you have a nice place to land and you are going to be MORE blest than ever ... I just know it ... He is faithful to not forget all your sacrifices and givings to all around you. :) Sorry - that's my paraphrase.
    Love you Laura and hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!