Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Changes And A Big FrEeZe


Photo courtesy of: www.hinghamweather.com
WOW......we woke up to 14 degrees this morning.  I am so thankful My Skippy Man threw a couple of pieces of wood in the stove before he left for work.   There were still some embers left so it was pretty easy to get it rip-roaring again.   Our weather has been absolutely INSANE!  Just two days ago it was 63* degrees, can you believe that?  My heart goes out to those who are without heat and shelter during the winter months.  I pray God will watch over them and wrap His loving arms around them.

The next few weeks will be extremely busy for us as we will be packing up and moving our family away from the only home our children have ever known.  It is a difficult time for all of us but we are leaning on and trusting in our Lord, Jesus Christ, to get us through.  He has been a constant source of joy and comfort during our most difficult times and I thank Him and praise Him for always being there for us.

It is not a "long distance" move, only about 8-10 miles to a neighboring town, a place where Skippy said he would NEVER, EVER move to.  We are learning that God has an AWESOME sense of humor........DON'T tell God what you won't do, you'll eat your words!  lol  I will try and post whenever I can, but please bear with me if there are many days in between.  Please know that we are well but just a wee bit busy!

We are very blessed to have some amazing friends who have helped us along in this process, helping locate a house that will allow us to bring all our animals with us, and guess what....PRAISE THE LORD, HE PROVIDED just that!  It may not be the house or the area that we WANTED, but it is the house we NEEDED!  God has a plan for sending us where he has and it will be fun and exciting to see what happens next.


We tend to forget and only praise God during the good times, when things or circumstances are going our way.  Today I want to PRAISE GOD for allowing us to go through these difficult times because when we do, He shows me that we are not alone and He is right there with us, that He IS in control, "and that in all things, God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose!"


6 comments:

  1. Praise God who is sovereign and takes you places you never, ever thought you would go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't mind a good long cold spell. I hate these mediocre winters!

    I heard such an encouraging story the Tuesday morning that I can't wait to share on my blog... as soon as I get a few minutes... I just know it is God's way of encouraging you through this.

    Praying for you dear friends,

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is always so good. He knows exactly what we need and when we need it. I hope the move will be an easy one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, I know you don't know me. I found your blog while doing a Google image search on a graphic regarding friendship. I love your blog and I subscribed right away. I too am a Christian and I so appreciate your encouraging posts. I pray God continues to bless you and your family and make provision and give you all protection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you were moving. I am so happy that God has given you all the you need during this time in your life. My prayers are with you and your family. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is big news, Laura! I will be praying for you. Being a pastor's family, we have moved quite a bit over the years. Take care, my friend!♥

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!