Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Monday, March 7, 2011

Farm T.V. - Episode 3 - Limpin' Along

The other day while the girls were out, I decided to give them a little treat of oatmeal. Oh, they just LOVE IT, especially when it's warm and I put apple sauce in it! lol When I called them to come and get it, only six came running over. I looked and listened, but no Gena. I finally found her around the side of the house by the back porch, just standing there. When I called her again, she started coming towards me, but really slow. Then I noticed that she was limping. "OH, NO....WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU, BABY GIRL?" (YES, I talk to my chickens and they LOVE IT!!) Oh, my heart breaks to see her hurting!

I picked Gena up, gave her a gentle hug and a back scratch, and then checked her toes. I was looking to see if there was something on it or if she had a cut, or perhaps one of them were broken, but I found nothing. I think she may have gotten her leg caught in between the deck boards and hurt her hock (the leg joint which bends in the opposite direction to a human knee) or her shank (her lower leg). I've been keeping a close eye on her just to make sure she doesn't show any signs of anything else happening with her.

Here is a short clip of my limpin' baby. . . . .


Awww. . . . . doesn't she look so sad? :> (

I'm praying my little girl's leg feels better quickly!

2 comments:

  1. Poor little Gena. :(
    I hope she'll be feeling better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor thing...Hope she is at least limping better now! :-)

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!