Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Monday, January 3, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY... from Laura's Daybook


Outside my window...I am watching 6 blue jays and one red headed woodpecker, eat the cracked corn I threw down for the chickens. They are BEAUTIFUL!

I am thinking... of how much time son has wasted this morning arguing over doing his school work

I am thankful for...
for My Skippy Man ~ He is truly amazing!

From the Learning Rooms...
we are trying out a new school schedule and so far, it is not going very well. However, I will not be discouraged.....I will press on!

I am wearing... my pajamas :> )

I am reading...
my Bible, cover to cover

I am hoping...PRAYING... for the salvation of my children

On my mind… how I'm going to make it through this school day

From the kitchen..
I will be making out a menu for the week. Tonight, I think we're going to have these for dinner!

I am creating...hand-embroidered pillows to sell

I am hearing...
my precious pug, Pheobe, snoring while sleeping next to the wood stove

Noticing that…
the family room is a MESS

Around the house...
are remnants of our wonderful Christmas

One of my favorite things... spending time out on the porch in the mornings with a hot cup of coffee, listening to the birds serenade me while talking with my Father!

A Scripture thought...

"I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD. "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future!" Jeremiah 29:11

A few plans for the rest of the week...
making myself a "TO DO" list and a cleaning schedule, and getting started on doing some sewing and crafting as well

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


Oh, how I wish I was there!
:> )

2 comments:

  1. This is neat Laura. Fun to look in your brain for a few minutes. Hope school improves this week... we've all had those days, my friend!

    Praying for a better tomorrow with kiddo and the lessons.

    Hugs,

    kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed this! Have a blessed Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!