Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

For Barb

"Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart!"
Psalm 37:4

As most of you know and have seen from some of my posts, we just LOVE animals here on Goose Hill Farm. We just can't help it. They are so CUUUUTE!

Well, ever since Goose brought Bailey Boos into our home back in 2005, I have been in love with pugs. We have wanted one for a long time but could never afford one. I told My Skippy Man that I would pray and ask God for a pug, but that if He wanted us to have one, He would need to provide one that was free.

Well, what do you think happened just a little while after I started praying? The phone rings and it's a friend we know that owns a pet resort. She said she knew a nice family that needed to find a good home for their pug and she thought Goose and Ben might want to take her since they already had one. Unfortunately, their lease only allowed one small dog so they couldn't take her. Goose said, "Mom, why don't you and dad take her since we can't. I know how much you and Dad have wanted one!" (was she reading my mind?) "She's already been spayed, is up to date on all her shots, and........she was FREE!" Well, you don't have to ask me twice! I was so excited, I didn't even ask her any questions about the dog. All I could say was.........WOO HOO! WE'LL TAKE HER!

I wanted to write this post today to say a big THANK YOU to three, very special people....Barb, Lou, and Mom, for allowing us the awesome privilege of adopting their precious Phoebe, and for making one of our prayers come true! It has been such a joy to get to know her and to watch her grow to love our family like we love her. We love her so much and can not imagine our life now without her. She has blended in with our family and all of our other fur-babies like she has always been here.

I tried recently to send them some pictures of Pheobe, but for some reason, I can't seem to send any attachments through my e-mail. My sister suggested I post the pics on my blog and then send them the link so they could come here and view them. Now don't I have a smart sister? Yes, I certainly do! :> )

I put together a slide-show, so you wouldn't have to scroll down so far. I hope you enjoy our pictures of Princess Pheobe!


2 comments:

  1. So adorable! I love dogs so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such cute pictures! I'm so glad you could adopt her. That little pink bow is adorable on her!
    BTW, I never hear from Renee anymore. Do you know if she's OK?? I've tried to contact her, but she doesn't return my e-mails.
    Have a great weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!