Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ultimate Grilled Cheese

 
I found this recipe for Ultimate Grilled Cheese posted over on "Farm Bell Recipes at Chickens in the Road" by Michelle. If you have not been to this site, you really should check it out. There is so much information available to you there, and it's not just about cooking either!

Ok, back to the yumminess.......I didn't think my family would like this and they didn't.....they LOVED IT! I used cheddar, mozzarella, and a sprinkling of grated parmigiana in ours. The next time I make these, I will definitely make a double batch!

For this AWESOMELY EASY & DELICIOUS recipe, you will need:

4 ounces soft cream cheese
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese*
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese*
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (optional - next time, I will leave this out)

* (Let your imagination go here. Use any two or three kinds of cheese you like. If you like spicy, you could throw in some diced/minced jalapenos)

Combine cream cheese and mayonnaise. Mix in shredded cheeses and Italian seasoning.

Pile on a fair amount of the cheese mixture in your bread. Another thing that's good is to add a couple of slices of ham. Really any kind of sliced meat would work– whatever you prefer.

Butter each side of the bread–mix up the bread you use too. Grill in a hot skillet on each side until golden brown.

ENJOY! I know we did! :> )

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, I will definitely give it a go, it sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I would feel better if I could eat some of this wonderfully yummy looking food.
    Hugs,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura thank you for sharing. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm...that looks delish. I will have to try it, but not let hubby see me make them up :o) I think he'll like it if he doesn't know too much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love grilled cheese. This sounds and looks delicious. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow...that looks fabulous!!! we love grilled cheese around these parts!
    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!