Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

SUGAR FREE Banana Bread Muffins

**THIS JUST IN!**
I have tasted these muffins and "I DON'T LIKE THEM!" Nope, not one bit! FORGET the SPLENDA (unless you have to use it) and use REAL SUGAR, just like my momma intended! :> )

**********************************

Today I made banana bread muffins for me friend, G. She is diabetic so I made them sugar free, just for her. Why? Because I love my friend! :> )

I took Nana's Banana Bread recipe and just replaced the granulated sugar with SPLENDA, then used my muffin tin instead of my loaf pan. I also added a streusel topping to them to give it a little extra umph! They smell so good when they are baking.

I love using the original recipe. It brings back such fond memories of my mom!

3 comments:

  1. Re: The 2nd one got 3rd place. I picked up the 1st one earlier today - I'm sending that to my DIL 4 x-mas. :)
    I am happy with ANYTHING ... the $75k is MINE - ALL MINE! hee hee - just kidding. I don't know what the prize is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry they didn't turn out good. I'm sure G liked them better. It's been my experience that once you get used to eating such atrocities it's not as bad. I'm sure I'll find out one of these days...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura sounds delicious and glad that you made them for your special friend. Blessings....

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!