Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Friday, December 4, 2009

I'm SNOW Excited

Living in the South has been quite an experience when it comes to SNOW. When we DO get SNOW, we usually don't get very much of it, usually never being more than a few inches at a time, and not lasting very long. And for a girl born and raised up North, this just isn't right! lol

Ok, I must admit though, that in the 20 years that we have lived here, we have had at least 3 SIGNIFICANT storms that just dumped on us. (YEAH!) However, the past few years have been very, very mild. I am a lover of Winter and SNOW, so anytime I see SNOW in the forecast, no matter how much, or how little, I GET EXCITED.....AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT! SNOW-OOO-OOO-OOO-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! Ahem.....sorry......I got carried away!

For the past couple of days, we have had rain on and off pretty steadily, which in turn, has SOAKED our wood supply. Today, it is going to be partly sunny and in the 50's. YEAH! At least the wood will have a chance to dry out some today. We are going to need that wood.

Look what's in our forecast for tonight and tomorrow:

Tonight: A slight chance of rain and SNOW between midnight and 3am, then a chance of SNOW. Cloudy, with a low around 33. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New SNOW accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Saturday: SNOW High near 34. North wind between 7 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New SNOW accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Saturday Night:
SNOW likely, mainly before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Northwest wind between 7 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Now granted, it won't be a lot, but it's still going to............................SNOW!

5 comments:

  1. I do hope it does SNOW for you! There's nothing like it, is there? We don't seem to have half as much snow now as we did when I was a child, but last February we had loads. My horse came out of his stable, snorted it and then got down for a roll! He's never seen snow before and was as excited as the children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had snow today here in South Texas, too. Everyone here at my work was impressed, but not excited. Afterall, it was just flurries, and it didn't STICK. But I was overjoyed. I'm 36 and I believe I've seen it snow a total of 5 times down here in my life. Only two times was it enough to stick and play in. One of those times I was sick. So yea, I was excited!!! =0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am anxiously awaiting some snow, too.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should live here in Western Washington - b'c they say SNOW almost every forecast - b'c they're talking about the passes ... my hubby says it's ridiculous! :) There's SNOW in them thar hills ... hee hee.
    Enjoy the SNOOOOOOOOOWWWWW.
    I lived in Alaska and I do miss it too - and the last couple years here have been pretty snowy - the snow was on the ground for about a month straight - with REALLY slippery roads ... UGH! :) Like a skating rink our road was - esp. in the shade. Hey - you are missing the lovely recipes I just put on my bloggie ... come on over ... xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't want snow. I love it if I can stay home, but I hate have to get out and drive in it. But a girl's gotta work, so I always have to drive and that's why I don't want snow. lol But I hope you get all the snow you want.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!