Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Goings On

WHEW! What a time this last month has been. It feels like it's been FOREVER since I have blogged or have been able to visit my bloggy friends. We have had sickness after sickness, and on top of that, I don't think I have ever been so busy in my life. And that says a lot since I have three children! lol

I had one of the worst sinus infections I think I have EVER had. It has lasted weeks. Nothing I tried helped. I know, I know, I should have gone to the doctors, but I couldn't. Skippy's new medical insurance doesn't start until the end of February. :> 0 So between the office visit and the prescription, it would have been a HUGE chunk out of our wallet. So, I continued to suffer through it. Well, on Wednesday before choir rehearsal, I was having a chat with God. Actually, it was not a chat, I was talking in a raised voice. "Why do I still have this nasty thing? You know the Christmas program is this weekend and I STILL sound like a frog! Why have you not taken this away from me?"

"You never asked Me to, my child!"

WOW! That really hit me. How many times have I tried to fix things on my own? How many times have I complained to Him that things don't go the way I planned them, or that something doesn't work, or that my cold hasn't gotten any better, etc., only then to realize that I never asked Him for His help. I tried to do it all on my own. I know I can't, yet I continue to do it.

So, after I took my foot out of my mouth, I prayed that God would help me and take this nasty thing away from me by last weekend for the program. PTL, He did. My voice was back and my infection was gone. But then, you'll never guess what happened.....we had a snow storm on Friday and Saturday that dumped over 2 feet of snow on us, cancelling the program for last weekend. lol It has been rescheduled now for this weekend and wouldn't you know it, I now have what Skippy had, stuffy head and body aches. I guess I should have been more specific when I prayed and asked God to take that nasty thing away and said until AFTER we did the program! lol



In all our spare time (lol), we have been at the church. I have been helping the Woman's Ministry decorate the sanctuary.........








participated in our annual cookie exchange.........








attended our Thursday morning Bible Study Christmas brunch and Secret Santa. I really was having a wonderful time. I was trying to listen to what was going on when J. took this picture.











and helped with the scenery and decorating for the Christmas program.....










"A Baby Changes Everything!"















We also have been TRYING to decorate our Christmas tree. As you can see, it is pretty bare, except for Rascal underneath it! lol











We have also had our annual family Christmas party....








with TONS of delicious food! YUMMM!









And we can't forget going out shopping with the kids....
Boog, I felt the same way that day! lol



This week is finalizing gifts and wrapping, making sure everything is ready for the program this weekend, baking, cleaning, and rearranging.

We are also enjoying our visit with my sweet baby girl, Bean, Tex, and Mugsy while they are here for the holidays. We are extremely blessed that they were able to come and are treasuring our time together with them greatly, as Tex will be deploying to Iraq within the next three months. :> (

I pray that you all will have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS! I know ours will be because we will all be together!

Throughout this very joyous time of the year, I hope that we will all remember that............................



4 comments:

  1. Wow, you really have been busy! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas my friend. Get well to. Praying for a complete Healing from this sickeness.. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Tiff! I will be over shortly. I am trying to get my house cleaned up while trying to visit my bloggy friends. NOT an easy task! lol

    Merry Christmas, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the part about being "more specific" w/God - well now you CAN ... pray again. ;)
    It's just that time of year don't cha know?
    Love you and missed you - hey where's our HOPE - she's not posted for the last month ... hopefully nothing serious ....
    ((((HUGZ))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by and leaving such wonnerful thots and words. ;) And for the heads' up on Hope - I had her blog still on my following list - but hadn't clicked on it lately ... Yuppers it's not there. :( Ah well - I'm sure she's doing well ... just trying to un-plug for a while. I can't seem to STOP!!! It's my therapy ... I know you can't tell can you??? :)
    God bless you ... I hope you have a wonnerful day my friend.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!