Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Yummy Fritata - Hot From The Oven

If you are ever looking for a quick, tasty, and easy meal, a fritata is the perfect choice. It is great for using up those leftovers you can't figure out what to do with.

Tonight I had some different colored peppers and some left over onions from my bag of omelet fixins' I keep on hand. 

For my fritata I used 8 eggs, peppers, onions, shredded cheddar, salt & pepper, and some hot sauce (the green kind) for a little added flavor.

Preheat your oven to 400* degrees.  In a bowl, scramble the eggs, then adding whatever extras and seasonings you like.  Lightly oil a cast iron pan (or whatever pan you have that can go in the oven).  Preheat your pan for 2 minutes on the stove top, just under medium heat.  Once heated, pour your egg mixture directly into your pan.  On your stove top, you are going to cook the eggs for a few minutes until the edges start to set; they will look puffy.  I believe I cooked mine for about 5 minutes, making sure I checked every so often.

After my eggs have set, I sprinkled more cheddar cheese on top.  Remove pan from the burner and place in oven on center rack and bake for 7 - 10 minutes.  I check mine at 5 minutes, and then every 2 minutes.  It doesn't take long for it to finish cooking and brown on top.

After removing the fritata, allow to sit for 3-5 minutes to finish setting.  I served this fritata with my homemade biscuits.  You can find that recipe HERE!

ENJOY!


7 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds tasty!!

    I can remember when our 'girls' were laying about 14-16 eggs a day... I made a lot of quiche.
    A lot of quiche~~~LOL!!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

    Smiles :)
    Kerin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening, Kerin ~ that is exactly why I made the fritata! LOL

    Have a great evening!

    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 09, 2012

    This looks easy enough even for my children to make. We love eggs!

    Blessings,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious and easy. My two favorites in a meal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJuly 10, 2012

    Hello my dear friend,

    I love this new blog look! :)

    Hey...I did it again...changed blogs - out with the old and in with the new.

    I know how weird that seems, but I keep trying to find something that suits me.

    I gave my last blog address out to people I know in real life...lots of people. Most of them never visited and none of them left me a comment.

    Well, guess what...I am not giving this one out to everyone I know. If they are interested, they can ask me if I am still blogging.

    This blog isn't really about me or my life. It is about what I love about being female.

    Anyway...if you want to stop by and see me...I would love to see you there.

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks really good. I may have to try that.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!