Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Ultimate Grilled Cheese

Good evening, everyone!  I have had many requests in the past few months for me to repost the "Ultimate Grilled Cheese" recipe I found.  I made this for dinner tonight, so I figured I might as well post it while I was thinking about it!

ENJOY!!


I found this recipe for Ultimate Grilled Cheese posted over on "Farm Bell Recipes at Chickens in the Road" by Michelle. If you have not been to this site, you really should check it out. There is so much information available to you there, and it's not just about cooking either!

Ok, back to the yumminess.......I didn't think my family would like this and they didn't.....they LOVED IT! I used cheddar, mozzarella, and a sprinkling of grated parmigiana in ours. The next time I make these, I will definitely make a double batch!

For this AWESOMELY EASY & DELICIOUS recipe, you will need the following:

4 ounces soft cream cheese
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese*
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese*
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (optional - next time, I will leave this out)(I did add the Italian seasoning tonight and REALLY liked it.  Not sure why it didn't taste good the last time)

* (Let your imagination go crazy here. Use any two or three kinds of cheese you like. If you like spicy, you could throw in some diced/minced jalapenos)

Combine cream cheese and mayonnaise. Mix in shredded cheeses and Italian seasoning.

Pile on a fair amount of the cheese mixture in your bread. Another thing that's good is to add a couple of slices of ham. Really any kind of sliced meat would work– whatever you prefer.

Butter each side of the bread–mix up the bread you use too. Grill in a hot skillet on each side until golden brown.





3 comments:

  1. Good thing it's dinner time for us... cause my mouth is watering!
    Looks and sounds so yummy.
    I'm printing off the recipe now... my hubby LOVES grilled cheese :)

    Have a great evening!

    {{hugs}}
    Kerin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say it sounds delicious.
    I will have to give it a try!
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love to put sliced apples on my grilled cheese... and a touch of dijon mustard. Try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!