Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Homemade Vanilla Coffee Creamer

I LOVE to wake up and start my mornings on the front porch talking with God, drinking a nice hot cup of coffee while being serenaded by the beautiful birds.  That's hard to do when the weather turns cold, so during the winter months, I enjoy sitting by a roaring fire.  My Skippy Man is not a coffee drinker, so I don't have to worry about fighting him for the last of the creamer!  WOO HOO!


I love my French vanilla creamer, but it can get expensive.  I have tried making my own creamer before, liquid and powder, but they didn't turn out very well.  I recently found a recipe for a creamer and I just had to try it.

Well, I made this recipe today and I absolutely LOVE IT!!!  It is so easy to make, using only three ingredients.

To make this recipe, you will need:



  • 14 oz sweetened condensed milk (store bought or homemade)
  • 14oz milk (whole, lowfat, or skim)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (I used 1 tbsp of homemade vanilla extract)
  • a mason jar (quart size is perfect)

Add the condensed milk to the milk
Add vanilla
Screw lid on tightly and vigorously ShAkE
for a minute or two until well combined
Coming up next......VANILLA SUGAR!!!  


ENJOY!!!

6 comments:

  1. wow! That simple - I love it!

    ☺ Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious. I also love vanilla creamer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my coffee black, but this recipe sounds simple and delish!

    Happy, peaceful Christmas,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me. I like just plain old fashioned half and half in my coffee but my hubby and girls would love this. It would make a great Christmas gift for some of my coffee loving friends, too.

    Thanks for sharing dearest.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Laura,

    I'm new to your blog...I found it while visiting my friend, Melanie's. I just had to stop by since we share the same name! Then when I saw in your profile that you homeschool a ravenous 17 year old...YOO HOO! Another thing in common! And, of course, our love for the Lord...how amazing is that!

    Thanks for sharing this recipe...I can't wait to try it. I LOVE french vanilla cream in my morning coffee...but, like you...am too frugal (aka cheap!) to buy it except on special occasions. I can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing.

    Sweet blessings...I will be back to visit again!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!