Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Getting Ready For The Christmas Program


Tonight is our first performance of "A Forgotten Christmas" at our church.  In our program, one of our main characters is obsessed with details and lists, and EVERYTHING she does is on a clipboard.  I saw some small decorated clipboards on Pinterest and thought it would be neat to make one for the program.

They are super easy to make.  All you need are:

Clipboard
Scrapbooking paper of your choice
Mod Podge
Foam brush

After you have decided on your paper, lay out your design the way you want it on the board.   I made my design just a tad bit smaller than the board so the edges won't come up.  Then, put down a coat of Mod Podge.  Next, lay your paper down on the Mod Podge, smoothing out all the wrinkles and bubbles, working from the middle to the outside edges.  Allow to dry completely - this step really doesn't take that long.  Next, apply a thin coat of Mod Podge on top of your paper.  Allow to dry and repeat three more times. 

I tried to get "MY LIFE" printed on the paper itself, but I used wrapping paper on mine and it was a pain to get it to fit right in my printer, so I just printed the words out and Mod Podged them on afterward. 

If you design and make a clipboard, please stop back and leave a link so we can come and see what you have created!

Now I'm off to put together more treat bags and cookies for the program.

See you later!


3 comments:

  1. What a great idea and it's so cute. I think I will have to try this! Hope the program goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so could have used these last week for our Christmas program. Cute as can be. Will you be selling them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful idea that I will certainly put to use! My children will LOVE them!

    ☺ Hope

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!