Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Field Trip, A Yard Sale, And Other Stuff

WOW, have we been busy! It started last Wednesday when Bean reminded me we were having a yard sale at our house on Friday and Saturday, and that I hadn't started getting things ready yet! EEEEEKKKK! I forgot! lol So, after we got home from praise & worship practice, we jumped right in.

Thursday morning, Kiddo and I and a group of home-schoolers from our church, went on a field trip to a HOMESCHOOL EXTRAVAGANZA at The Frontier Culture Museum. I took so many pictures, I can't possibly post them all, so I will just post a couple.

~These are our kids~


This is Kiddo, running through the sheep field. Why you ask?
I DON'T KNOW!
lol

I decided to make a slide show of our trip, but it won't be finished for another day or two. I will post it as soon as I am finished with it! We all had such a WONDERFUL time and they weather was absolutely GORGEOUS! Thank you, Father, for giving us the perfect day for our trip!

Friday morning, the first day of our yard sale, I woke up in so much pain in my feet and legs that I was hobbling around like a little old lady. When I got dressed Thursday morning, I never gave a thought to the shoes that I was wearing. I wore a pair of old what boat shoes which apparently was the WRONG thing to wear. I had no support and the soles were too thin. Not good when you are doing a LOT of walking! :> ( PRAISE THE LORD, I woke up Saturday morning so much better with hardly any pain in my legs and feet at all.

As for the yard sale, I keep saying I'll never do it again, but that never really works. However, this time, I am keeping my word. We had a good time, got rid of a lot of stuff, whether by being sold or given away, we made $36.00, and NOTHING was brought back into my house. WOO HOO! After that, I had some things to attend to out of town that took up much of what was left of our Saturday evening.

Then on Sunday, we had church in the morning, a play and dessert theater that afternoon, choir practice for the Christmas program after the theater, and then another out of town errand. By that evening, I was BEAT! I think I was in bed by 9:00! lol Yesterday was filled with getting caught up on household chores and unfinished schoolwork from Thursday and Friday.

So what have you been up to lately?

1 comment:

  1. Your field trip sounds like it was to a great place. I can't wait to see pictures. We went to Yorktown last week one day when it was free. I need to get my pictures up, too, but either me or the kiddos have been sick since then.

    I decided years ago to never have another yard sale and so far have managed to donate things I don't want anymore and be happy for the tax write off. The potential is tempting (to get money for things I don't need), but expectations never measure up to reality or to the workload! I am glad that your yard sale is over and that you got rid of all that stuff. I need to do more of that this autumn. I am thinking about consigning the baby bassinett and some other things, but you know what they say about getting rid of the baby bed...lol.

    Thanks for stopping by blessing-farm.blogspot.com/ so often. You are a real encouragement to me.

    Blessings to you, Laura.

    Heather

    PS. I hope you are all recovered from your walking. My legs were sore after our Yorktown day, too. I guess we aren't spring chickens anymore!! At least, not as springy as we used to be. ;0)

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!