Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Monday, October 4, 2010

Carolina BBQ Rub

I made BBQ rub last night in just a few minutes and it was really gooooood! It is a little on the salty and spicy side for us ( I should really say for ME because I am TRYING to watch my salt intake) so the next time I make it, I will reduce the salt to 1 tablespoon and the cayenne to 1/2 tablespoon. Remember, you can reduce or increase the amount of ingredients as desired to suit your family's taste preferences.

For this recipe, you will need:

* 2 tablespoons salt
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 3 tablespoons brown sugar (we like a sweet rub)
* 2 tablespoons ground cumin
* 2 tablespoons chili powder
* 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
* 2 tablespoons garlic powder
* 3 tablespoons dried onions
* 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
* 1/4 cup paprika

Preparation:
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well; use as a dry rub on beef, chicken, or pork.

ENJOY!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds good! I'm going to print it and try it out!
    Thanks!
    xxoo
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura,
    Happy Monday!
    This sounds good and I will be trying it out!
    Hope your weekend was good.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Laura...thank you for sharing...a recipe that I will print and use! Simple blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds delicious. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura,

    What a great recipe and I can't wait to try it. It will save me so much money over buying the pre-made stuff.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Homeschool blog? how many do you have?
    I thought you had this one and the coffee one lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds so delicious!! :)

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!