Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Sweet SUN TEA

Our family LOVES brewed sweet tea and I had normally in the past, boiled the tea on the stove. Everytime I would turn the burner on I would CrInGe. OMGosh....there has to be a cheaper way to do this then to run the electricity. That is when I started using the microwave, which is cheaper, but still uses electricity.

Well, when the cold weather came (yes, we drink sweet tea all year long), I started boiling the water on the top of our wood stove. AWESOME.....no electricity! Well, that was great while it was cold but now......I don't think I am going to build a fire in my wood stove each day just to make tea! LOL

Well, after doing a lot of thinking, I remembered that my sister, Vickie, used to make SUN TEA. Oh, yeah! That is PERFECT for this frugal female. So, for the past month or so, I have been making SWEET SUN TEA and I just LOVE IT!


Here is how I make SUN TEA:

In a gallon pitcher, I place 8 tea bags, 1 cup of sugar, and fill with hot water. Stir GENTLY, so you don't rip the tea bags. Then place your pitcher out in the sun for it to steep. I can't give you an exact time as people like their tea at different strengths. I keep mine out on the front porch for quite a few hours as we like ours a little on the strong side.

As the tea steeps, you can watch the color get darker from the top down. It really is cool to watch! Hmmmm......could this be a teachable moment on density? You betcha!

Blessings~
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!