Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Sunday, May 24, 2009

DELICIOUS Scalloped Vadalia Onions

I made this AWESOME recipe for scalloped vadalia onions to go with our BBQ this afternoon. They are so easy and so DELICIOUS! I love onions, so when I saw this side dish, I just had to make them.

For this recipe you will need:

Scalloped Vidalia Onions
6 large Vidalia onions, thinly sliced
8 tbsp. (1 stick) of butter
2 tbsp. flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 cup milk
8 oz. grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
melted butter for topping - about 2 tbsp.

Sautée onion slices in 4 tbsp. butter. Melt 4 tbsp. butter in a separate pan; stir in flour & seasonings and cook for 1-2 minutes. Slowly stir in milk and cheese, stirring constantly until cheese is melted and mixture thickens.

In a 1-quart baking dish, alternate layers of onions and sauce. Sprinkle top with crumbs and drizzle with melted butter.

Bake at 400° until browned - about 15-20 minutes.
ENJOY!

Blessings~

2 comments:

  1. Okay, Laura - I'm not a baker. I won't kid myself or lie to you and say I'm gonna try your recipe. Cuz I'm not. I'll admit it! ha ha ha

    So hey, had you never heard of a "Not Me" Monday post? If not, then you need to check out MckMama's blog. You can do that by clicking on the big orange button at the top of my post today. She hosts the meme each week, and it's a BLAST to deny all of our mommy failures while admitting them at the same time. It's great therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that meme on your blog earlier. Your post was GREAT!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!