Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Meet My Bible

Renee over at "GLOW ACADEMY" asked me if I would participate with her today in "MEET MY BIBLE" I have posted this in the past, so some of you may have already seen this.

I would like you to 
Meet My Bible..................................

How old is your Bible? My Bible is 29 years old now.

Why did you chose this Bible? I didn't choose mine, it was a gift.

Do you highlight/mark passages in your Bible? Yes, I do highlight/mark in my Bible.
If so, what is your system for marking passages?
I highlight each passage I have read or highlight passages that I feel have touched my heart in some way. It is my goal to have my entire Bible highlighted.  But you know, I have found that a system works best if you actually remember to bring your Bible with you to church!  lol

Do you have notebooks to record things? No, I don't. Our pastor provides us with an outline of his sermon so I use that or paper I bring with me, but I think that's a really great idea.
Where is your favorite spot to read your Bible? Outside on my front porch, when the weather permits.  I love to sit and look at the beautiful mountains while drinking a hot copy of coffee, listening to the birds serenade me, while talking to my precious Lord!!  There is NOTHING like it!
Are there any special thoughts about your Bible you want to share?
My Bible was a gift from my sisters; Dawn, Victoria, Barbara, and Cathy when I was 17. It is all the more precious to me now because our sister Victoria has passed away.


At that point in my life, I was going to become a Salvation Army officer but then realized that it was not God's calling for me, but everyone else's. I knew that there were other ways that I could serve our Heavenly Father.


I know that everything in our lives happens for a reason. Looking back now, I realize it was God's calling for me to become a wife to my DH and a mother to my three beautiful children. He knew that later on I would need to stay home full-time with Kiddo.


GOD IS GOOD...............ALL THE TIME!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your Bible sounds a lot like mine. It's highlighted and underlined. My kids and grandkids like to sit and read it and the notes and quotes I have written in the margins. I've glued the pages back in to the binder several times. My kids tell me I need a new one...no, this Bible is exactly how I want it to be...well used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. I might do a meet my Bible too! I just got a new one (large print) but it was an agonizing transition from my "old faithful" on I'd had for years. Thanks for being so faithful..I pray you have a blessed labor day.
    Oh, I sent a friend of mine a link from your blog. She's just starting to homeschool this year and I'm so proud of her/

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!