Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Compost Bin And A Walkway

Last year, my AWESOME brother-in-law, CF, gave us a bunch of pallets to use for the chicken run. We have a bunch left over, piled up by the shed.  I was looking on-line for different uses for these pallets, when and I found two really great ideas.

The first one I found is for a compost bin.  (http://ducktruckcomposting.com)  I have been wanting one for some time now, but they can be quite expensive.  It is going to be so easy to put together!  WOO HOO!


The second one is a walkway I found on the Funky Junk Interiors blog.  Isn't it so pretty? This one is on a slope, but I think it will be just as nice in my front yard, leading up to the front door.

So, what would you make if you had extra pallets lying around?


2 comments:

  1. oh, I like the compost area idea. I think they'd for a good trellis if you could prop them up--like for peas or a hummingbird vine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They never last long enough to even think of what to do with them because my 16 year old son uses them to burn in a bonfire!
    Happy Labor Day!
    xxoo
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!