Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Pork Roast

Today I found a pork loin at Food Lion for $5.32, MVP was $1.99 a lb so I took some of our canned vegetables out to make stew. 

I seasoned the roast with garlic powder, onion powder, a little bit of s&p and seared it on all sides in a little olive oil over medium heat. I added about a cup of water, deglazing the bottom of my cast iron skillet, then it was off to a 400* oven for approximately 1 1/4 hours. The meat wasn't quite done so it went back in for another 15- 20 mins. 

Remove the skillet, place on stove or cutting board, turn oven to down to 350*. I drained the potatoes & onions, carrots and green beans, adding them to the skillet, gently stirring them in. This is when I added my stew seasoning packet, nothing fancy, just an inexpensive .39 cent store brand and 2 cups of hot water. Put back in the oven to heat vegetables through. When the veggies were heated through, I pulled apart the pork and mixed it in. 

If gravy/sauce is too thick or too salty, just add some more hot water. Enjoy! 

**stew seasoning contained wheat flour















No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!