Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

A New Pie

I found a recipe from the 1800s today. I have read nothing but wonderful reviews for it. I also heard it was a recipe Laura Ingalls Wilder's mother used to make for her family whenever she could.

VINEGAR PIE - The filling is very good (I didn't eat the crust). It is sweet and has the texture of pumpkin pie. So quick and easy.

For this recipe you will need the following......

1 unbaked pie crust
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar

Mix ingredients together well. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 425* for 25 mins. It will appear jiggly, but it is done. Cool completely and serve!



1 comment:

  1. Hi there! It's been a minute since I last visited, but it is so nice to 'see' you again, and I have to read over you blog and catch up with you :)
    That pie looks delish!!
    Have the best rest of your week, and I look forward to reading your past posts and catching up, and I think I need to be sure to place your blog on my sidebar too.

    Smiles :)
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!