Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Friday, November 12, 2010

What's Up

I started this blog for quite a few reasons and I PROMISED myself that I would write something down EVERY DAY. It didn’t matter whether two lines or fifty. Whether it be talking about my relationship with God, My Skippy Man, the kids, my feelings about homeschooling, (which I am COMPLETELY enjoying by the way and so glad that we did) my need for COFEEEEEE and chocolate, just venting, what's going on down at the farm, or letting you know of the encouraging blogs I have found along my travels.

However, during our revival, I was deeply convicted of many things......one of which is letting go of those things that have been getting in the way of what is most important to me.....God and my family. Some of those things include blogging and facebook, as well as other things.

I have also been making a conscious effort to start the day, before my feet even hit the floor, to give God PRAISE & GLORY, and to THANK HIM for all the blessings he has bestowed on my family and myself. This so sets the tone for my day and it always goes so much better when I start it with God!

Well, I am not going to make that same promise again knowing that I will not be able to keep it, but I will promise to make the best effort I can to keep my blog updated.

So if you don't see a post for a few days, don't worry, I'm okay. Actually, I'm doing better than ever!

Blessings~

7 comments:

  1. Blessings to you Laura, I loved this post and think you and I seem so much alike. My blog began as a journel for my grands but grew as I enjoy writing so much-but some days it gets overwhelming. BTW, I homeschooled and miss those days too.
    I love that you are making Him a priority and of course your family; all else will fall into place.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura,
    Amen! Love your post today and you touched my heart.
    I hope your day is great!
    Blessings to you and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Understand, just don't go away completely, I would miss my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure know this is a fact, God, Family and real life is so much more important than the computer, so I do respect you for budgeting your time spent on it, lots of hugs sister, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. We definitely have to keep our priorities straight, which is why I'm not able to blog hop and visit as much. I try to be mindful of being a good steward of God's time!
    You'll be blessed simply because of your DESIRE to do better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wonderful to see that you are centered in Your Lord and that even your blog belongs to Him! May He continue to bless you so abundantly my friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So wonderful to see that you are centered in Your Lord and that even your blog belongs to Him! May He continue to bless you so abundantly my friend:)

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!