Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Our Thanksgiving Menu

Good morning! It has been awhile since I last posted. Things here are great, just busy as usual. God has and still is, doing great things in my life. PRAISE THE LORD!!

I just LOVE this time of year, don't you? The wonderful food, the decorating, and just being with family and friends. This year, we are having two special friends from church coming over to have Thanksgiving dinner with us. We are really getting to know them and they have become so precious to us!

Yesterday we moved the furniture and shampooed the carpets so today I am putting things back where they belong, some of which the GARBAGE! lol In between getting the house back to normal, I need to do some baking; an apple pie, pumpkin crunch, and some cookies. I then need to chop the onions and celery to get it ready for the stuffing. Then it's getting the yams into their pretty little baking dishes and all brown sugared up. Everything else will be done tomorrow. It's certainly going to be an early morning, but I wouldn't have it any other way! :> )

Our Thanksgiving menu will be:

A BEAUTIFUL Butterball turkey
Sage Sausage stuffing
Mashed potatoes
Candied yams w/marshmallow topping
Corn pudding
Creamy Cauliflower (recipe to come)
Scalloped Vadalia onions
Fresh baked pepperoni rolls

Desserts:
Apple pie
Pumpkin Crunch
Amish Chocolate Chip Bars
Pumpkin Trifle, courtesy of Goose

Hmmm.....feels like I'm missing something! Well, if I figure it out, I'll just fill it in.

So, what's on YOUR Thanksgiving menu?

3 comments:

  1. Your dinner sounds delicious. I think I may just try that Pumpkin Crunch, thank you. Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds simply delicious!
    have a great day! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. All seems so warm and inviting at your place Laura! And PUMPKIN CRUNCH sounds YUMMY to be sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!