Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Monday, November 15, 2010

Dream Vacation/Destination

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls!"
Matthew 11:28-29

When the weather gets cold, many people are wishing they were somewhere warmer. My daughter, Goose, and her husband, Tang, will be going on an all-inclusive trip to CANCUN, MEXICO in December for ten days of total SUNSHINE & BLISS! (lucky dawgs!) They are soooo excited to finally be going on their "DREAM VACATION/HONEYMOON!" Goose said, "I can't wait to be lying on the beach, soaking up the warm temperatures and the sunshine while the rest of you are back home possibly shoveling out and FREEZING!" lol

Well, all this talk about vacations got me thinking about where I would like to go on my "dream vacation/destination" and it didn't take me long at all to decide. One day, I want to go to Jerusalem and walk along the same streets my precious Lord and Savior walked while on this earth. How AMAZING that would be!

IF you could go anywhere..........where would your "dream vacation/destination" be?

7 comments:

  1. I want to do the Israel tour with Kay Arthur. What better way to tour Israel than having His word taught every step of the way!
    Hugs,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many destinations in mind I'm not sure I can choose just one. My next little girlfriends' trip is to Savannah. I've been very fortunate to go to Europe and would love to go to so many more places across the waters!

    That dream for you just might come true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm let me see. I would love to go to Canada. I am going to Georgia next Monday to see my sister for Thanksgiving and I am really looking forwrd to this.
    Enjoy your evening.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura,
    I will share with you my dream destination, but I want to live there, not just visit.

    Somewhere like Tennessee, where I have a cabin on a beautiful piece of land, with rolling hills and green grass. When I come out onto my porch every morning, I see the Smoky Mountains, and horses.

    I like the peace of the country, but in close proximity of the city, where we can see civilization within a few minutes.

    Just a glimpse of my dream destination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Laura.

    Just dropping by to say, hey! I know it has been Forever and a day... hope school and life in general is going splendid, my friend.

    Hugs,

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have so many dream vacations that it's hard to narrow it down to only one.

    I would love to go to some exotic private island someday. Switzerland holds a certain charm for me as well both places will probably never be visited by me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my...that's a tough one...I think I'd join you in the holy land...but then I'd have to catch a flight to Rome, Italy, as well!!!

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!