Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Monday, November 8, 2010

Are You THIRSTY?

"Blessed are those who hunger and THIRST for righteousness, for they will be filled!"
Matthew 5:6


Yesterday at church, our THIRST Revival Conference started and all I can say is WOW! I must admit, my toes are sore from being stepped on, but you know what....that is EXACTLY what I have needed.

Last night we talked about SUBSTITUTIONS we use for God; things that we do instead of meeting with God....people that we run to first when things happen instead of taking it to God.....my idols. I was amazed at how many I actually had, and I didn't like it one bit! We were then given a styrofoam cup to write down those things that were keeping us from having the intimate relationship with God that we should so earnestly be seeking, and encouraged to place them at the feet of Jesus.


My soul is being refreshed and my heart has found it's joy again, but my THIRST has not been quenched. I am so looking forward to another evening of meeting with my personal Savior!

PRAISE GOD!

8 comments:

  1. That sounds excellent, keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I came across your blog. I, too, feel like I have been refreshed. We have been having a revival spirit at church but we aren't in a meeting. Just a Good Pastor and people wanting God's blessings. We are amazed at what the Lord is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I invite you to visit my blog and become a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura thank you for such a refreshing post. I am getting there with m Spiritual walk and closeness to the Lord. amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thankful there are still ministers out there who aren't afraid to step on toes!!
    I'm glad my husband is one of them.

    The styrofoam cup illustration is a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Refreshing our soul and quenching our thirst is kind of like the manna God rained down on the children of Israel in the wilderness. We must gather it fresh everyday of our life :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Laura!
    Loved your uplifting post today! You bless my heart and I love my visits here.
    Enjoy your day.
    Blessings and hugs

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!