Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Day Out

Last week, Skippy, Bean, Kiddo, and myself, decided to go out for a drive. We left early in the morning and just took our time, not watching the clock and thoroughly enjoying the beautiful countryside. We started out the day with a trip to a nearby meat processing plant, and then over to a local orchard where we had a great time drinking cider and picking apples.

From the apples we got that day, we canned 36-1/2 pint jars of apple butter! Oh, how WONDERFUL they housed smelled of apples and cinnamon!

I had a lot more pictures of our day and canning, but for some reason I can't find them. I hope you enjoy the few pics I was able to find!



5 comments:

  1. Looks like a fabulous day Laura!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such a wonderful day! Apple Butter, Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love apple butter and your day sounds just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds as if your day was wonderful!! Apples and cinnamon-yummy!!
    Blessings and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. Apple butter sounds sooooo good!!!

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!