Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Our Newest Addition To The Farm

Skippy, Kiddo, and I went on a road trip today to pick up a very special young lady. May I introduce you to the latest addition to our family, precious Pheobe! She is a WONDERFUL girl with such a sweet disposition! This first pic is of Pheobe and her new daddy. She climbed up in between the two front seats and helped him drive the whole way home! lol It was 102*F, so I'm sure part of the reason she was sitting there was to get all the coolness from the a/c! Smart baby! :> )


A friend of ours who owns a kennel/pet resort, called a few weeks ago looking for Goose.. She said she had a lady who was looking for a home for their beloved pug. We had wanted a Pug for quite awhile.

We met Pheobe's family today and they are WONDERFUL people. We promised to keep them updated with pics and e-mails and they can come and visit her any time they want. I know how much they meant to her and can't stand that thought of that sweet family never seeing her again.

Here are a few pics of our newest addition and a cute little poem I found on-line. I hope you enjoy them!



A PUG POEM

In just six days, in order to begin it,God made the world and everything in it.

And after he rested, he said with a start,"Whatever shall I do with these leftover parts?"

"When I decided to make creatures to travel two by two

And populate the world, I thought my work was through.

But my order got mixed up somehow I found out with a shock,

All my creatures are completed, but there's parts left in the box!

There's noses and toeses and things that look like roses

And eyes that melt your heart away-

You think anyone supposes

There's enough left in the box, that with lots of glue and stuff

Another creature can be made that would be good enough?

"So God summoned Gabriel, who said "Now don't you fret,

Let's stick the parts together and see what we get.

"The angels put their aprons on and spread the parts around,

And soon another creature appeared there on the ground.

Four tiny legs stuck on a sausage bod,

A piglet's tail on one end, the other just as odd.

Just a mass of wrinkles where a face should be

And the nose put on inside out-least it looked that way to me.

When God surveyed the results, he said "T'would do no harm

To give this funny little thing an extra dose of charm.

And since the pint sized hearts are gone a lion's heart will do

For this mini creature that thinks she's 6 foot 2.

"So now the story has been told and it gives my heart a tug

To learn just how she came to be, this thing we call a Pug.

Author - Unknown

Thank you, Skippy, for this precious gift!
I LOVERS, MY PHEOBE GIRL!!

5 comments:

  1. Awwww a a face only a mother could love. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing Laura. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she is so adorable, Laura! So sweet of you to take her in.

    My dog knows where all the A/C vents are too! LOL :)

    What a sweet poem.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blessing you are giving Pheobe's family is priceless!! Enjoy your new princess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I read the title of your post, I thought maybe foster care or adoption, but kept reading and saw different...definitely less stress!

    Have a joyful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura,

    Welcoming your newest addition to your wonderful family for providing her a new and loving home.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!