Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day, Dad

“Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!”
-Lydia M. Child



I would like you to meet my dad, Ralph Gordon. This is his graduation picture taken back in 1947. He stood 6'11". This is one of my favorite pictures of him. Isn't he just the most handsome fellow?

He was a wonderful dad with a love for the LORD! Dad had great sense of humor. . . . .you have to with 8 kids! lol
It is hard to believe that Dad has been gone 20 years this past May. Barely a day goes by that I don't think of him.

I love you, Dad, and can't wait until the day that we will all be together again in God's glorious kingdom!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, PAPA!!

I LOVE YOU!


5 comments:

  1. Very nice tribute Laura, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was very touching.
    You're blessed to have had a Godly Father. :)

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW, that was nice! He must have been a great Dad! He was very tall! That is super nice...My dad was 6'3" and I thought that was tall, he could have been 6'4" and very thin...I'm tall also and I get my height from my Dad!
    xxoo
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Touching tribute Laura.
    Blessigs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like loving your dad.
    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!