Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Monday, October 15, 2018

Aunt D & Uncle B

I have recently had to help put my Aunt D & Uncle B's things up for sale.  My Aunt D passed away in 2017 and my Uncle B recently moved to Colorado with his son as he wasn't able to live alone any more. 

I have had the honor of being able to purchase some things from their home and have now put them in our home as a beautiful reminder of such a special couple that mean so much to me.  I am so blessed to have known and loved them all my life! 💗

From their home 🏡 to ours.......

I remember seeing this jar in her kitchen but can't remember what was in it.  I now have it sitting on my kitchen counter holding my washing machine tabs but may change that to cookies......
 Her spice rack now holds my essential oils.....
A milking stool sits by our living room window and a lamp sits on the sill.....
(I really need to remove that aluminum foil from that plant and re-pot it! lol)
 A small table from a bedroom now sits in the hall by the side door.......
 A small footstool perfectly holds my War Binder supplies.....
(those containers under the couch are filled with family photos I need to go through)
And this cabinet that my Uncle built for their bathroom, now sits across the hall from our bathroom holding towels and other essentials.

These pieces are very special to me and I am so thankful to be able to keep them in our family.  I am also grateful that every time I load my dishes, use my essential oils, look out our living room window, go out the side door, work in my War Binder or grab a towel......I will think of them with love and remember all the beautiful times we were able to spend together in this lifetime.

I love you to God and back, Aunt D & Uncle Bill, and miss you both very, very much.  You will forever be in my heart! <3 br="">

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, that first picture sent a wash of memories over me! My mom used to have those same glass canisters; as a kid, they held flour and sugar.
    It's so nice that you have some of those things from your aunt and uncle and all the warm memories that go with those items :)

    Hope your uncle is well and is enjoying being with family.

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!