Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them!"
~Author Unknown~

Skippy's parents have been here for a few days visiting from the Sunshine State.  We have gone to church, to Marker Miller Orchard, and Wal-Mart.  The rest of the time we have just been relaxing, not doing much of anything.....until today.  I started lining the chicken yard with wire so I can put momma and her babies out there and not worry that the little ones are getting out into the yard with the big girls.


Pat wanted to make a couple of aprons for her church's Holiday Bazaar in December so we spent the afternoon sewing away.  I love the fabric she picked out for the first one.  Such a pretty green.


In this next picture, she is ATTEMPTING to teach me how to read a sewing pattern.....GOOD LUCK, PAT!  lol  It's like trying to teach me how to read a map.  THANK GOD for my GPS!!!  lol

Tomorrow we will work on some more aprons and maybe even a bag or two.  

WOO HOO!


5 comments:

  1. Having family around is great especially when you have a sewing buddy! Girl, don't give up on reading a pattern direction because then, the world is yours to sew! I can't wait to see your finished products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to spend some one on one with your mother in law. Can't imagine such a thing! I can not believe with all the sewing you do that you can not read a sewing pattern. Shocking. But I guess you learn something new every day. I like that green, too. My older girls painted their room that color when we bought our house in 2001. We all still love it today. Actually, they are getting ready to redecorate their room... out of necessity... and we are all saying how much we will miss that color.

    Hugs,

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to learn how to sew:) Its' on my someday list.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I begin taking a sewing class August 22nd. I've always wanted to learn to sew. I have to admit though, those pattern directions did look a bit "complicated" (smiles).

    At any rate, just dropping by to say, "Hello." I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun! I have not sewn from a pattern in such a long time! I don't think I could ever do that now!
    xxoo
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!