Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Friday, July 15, 2011

Yard Work

On Monday, Kiddo and I were working out in the yard in that awful heat and humidity. Actually, it was cooler down in the back yard in the shade than it was in our house. Well, except for the family room....we have one a/c window unit.

We were clipping branches that were in my way while I mow
then throwing them in the fence row. . . . .
then clipping some more . . . .
I got tired of mowing around this rock pile and NEVER having it look pretty....until now

Before. . . . .
and after...all nice and cleaned up
We are cleaning up some overgrown areas around the pool, cleaning out and weeding the raised beds, and still mowing.  Last year I bought some outdoor material and would like to make some sort of canopy to attach to the front of the house to be able to open it and shade the front porch a bit since that's where the HOT afternoon sun is.

Are you doing any yard work/projects?

5 comments:

  1. Heck no, I'm way too lazy these days! It's awesome working in the yard, so glad you got so much done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, when don't we have a project inside and out going on? Not since we moved here in 2001!

    That is a great helper you have there, Laura. I love doing projects, for fun or work, with my kids. Always a blessing when we are all at it together.

    Hugs,

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, when don't we have a project inside and out going on? Not since we moved here in 2001!

    That is a great helper you have there, Laura. I love doing projects, for fun or work, with my kids. Always a blessing when we are all at it together.

    Hugs,

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish i have a yard to clean, haha! I only have a garden patch to work on beside the garage. We are hot and humid here and there's nowhere to go to cool off except the mall across our street.

    I'm glad to have stopped by to see how you are doing, Laura. I was here once in a while but always failed to leave a mark. I'm just glad to leave a note to say hi.
    It's good to see Kiddo happily helping you.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Blessings to you and to your farm!
    Ruth

    P.S. We are going to have a knowledge tour at a farm 2 weeks from now and my little vet is excited to see all farm animals attend her birthday celebration there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, like that before/after of your cool pile of rocks. Our outdoor projects consist of rebuilding the fence where a tree fell over last week and just trying to keep up w/ the yard and garden.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!