Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Friday, February 20, 2015

My Quiet Time

***I have had some very dark and painful days in the past few months. Days where it has been almost impossible to walk or do much of anything else but sit or lie down for long periods of time. This is something that is hard for me to do as I enjoy running and being active, especially getting down on the floor and playing with my granddaughter.

Today, I am again in awe of my Heavenly Father's love and mercy and the sweet and tender way He reminds me to be still, for there is a reason for everything.....even our dark times. How AWESOME He is! This was my devotion for today from
JESUS CALLING..........***

Thank Me for the conditions that our requiring you to be still. Do not spoil these quiet hours by wishing them away, waiting impatiently to be active again. Some of the greatest work in My kingdom have been done from the sickbeds and prison cells. Instead of resenting the limitations of a weakened body, search for My way in the midst of these very circumstances. Limitations can be liberating when you're strongest desire is living close to Me.

Quietness and trust enhance your awareness of My presence with you. Do not despise these simple ways of serving Me. Although you feel cut off from the activity of the world, your quiet trust makes a powerful statement in spiritual realms. My strength and Power show themselves most effective in weakness.

Zechariah 2:13 - Isaiah 30:15 - 2 Corinthians 12:9

7 comments:

  1. Laura, I hope that you are feeling better now.

    I appreciated this post, so much.
    I too have had to learn to be still the past few weeks.
    It's hard, but what a good reminder for us to remember to trust in the Lord, and feel of his presence.

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Laura, I'm so sorry you've been having a hard time!
    I will be praying for you. I know these cold temperatures don't help any!
    So thankful we have God with us to help us and give us the comfort and strength we need in the difficult times.
    warm hugs♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying you feel better soon. I know with my COPD it can be very hard not being able to do the things I love.
    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Laura. I am blessed to know you and your family as well as to go through your blog post which is a reminder to be stil and know that He is God who has reason for every thing. Your devotional has more authantcity because it is backed with such beautiful verses from the Word of God. I am from from Mumbai, India the other part of the world but yet part of the body of Christ which helps us to know each other and be bound by the cord of love which can not broken. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 35yrs in the great city of MUMBAI a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people and the adults from the West to come to MUMBAI on a short / long term missions trip to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have young people as well as adults from your friends circle who are intereted to come and work with us during their vacation time. I AM SURE they will have a life changing experience. God willing I will be coming to States in the month of June and will be so glad to stop by your place and visit you if I know the locaion of your residence. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you verysoon. God's blessings on you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura,

    Can so relate to how when you physically don't feel well it is hard to enjoy what is happening all around you. Just getting over kidney stone surgery, I am having more pains that I hope the doctor can assess this week that are new. Hopefully its simply part of the healing process.

    I continue to pray for you and ask that God continue to work in your life and get you back on your feet again so you can continue to do the work He has in store for you.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura, this post spoke to me. I have also been dealing with a chronic degenerative health issue for several years. Being in pain all the time and not being able to do all that my family needs can get so discouraging. And yet there are days when the most important thing I can do is just be still and commune with my Father. Love you dear one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousMay 15, 2015

    Laura,
    I hope you're feeling better. I hope u have checked with a doctor and made sure everything's ok and there isn't a new health problem. God bless you, Bevy

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!