Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Cauliflower Grilled Cheese

I...LOVE....CAULIFLOWER!  
I love it any way, shape, or form.  It is an AWESOME substitute for potatoes in so many ways, but the most important reason for me is that it is very low in carbs.  I have made pizza crust with it, mock-aroni and cheese, mashed cauliflower (which is just like mashed potatoes) and a few other yummies as well.  

I had been thinking about making grilled cheese with cauliflower but I just kept putting it off.......until my daughter posted a video on facebook the other day.  Thanks, Bean.....you gave me just the right nudge I needed to get up and get cooking.

If you want a quick goto lunch recipe, this really isn't what you are looking for as it does take a little bit of time to prepare.  However, I will say it is definitely worth the effort.

If you make this recipe, please come back and let me know what you thought!  :D

For this recipe, you will need the following, including a food processor OR you can rice the cauliflower yourself (grate by hand):

1 lb frozen cauliflower, thawed
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1 egg, beaten


 Put thawed cauliflower in food processor
 Pulse until it looks like grated potatoes
 like you find in hasbrowns
 pour out onto cloths
 spread it out
 cover with another cloth
 and push down hard to remove the excess water
 add cauliflower to bowl
 add mozzarella
 egg
 and combine
 put cauliflower mixture into your hand and squeeze into a patty
 shape further on baking sheet
I used the leftover mixture, adding a little bit of crushed pork rinds (no carbs)
 bake at 350* for approximately 20 minutes, or until golden brown
 Now I think you know how to do the rest
:D



 I sprinkled a little bit of salt on mine while cooking it
 DELICIOUSNESS!!

1 comment:

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!