Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

I NEED SOME HELP!!


I NEED SOME HELP!!  I have been so busy lately that I have let many things go.  Organization has never been one of my strong suits so when things get hectic it is very easy to become OvErWhElMeD!!!  I wanted to come up with a plan of attack that wouldn't last for just one day.  I searched the internet and asked friends what they do to keep their homes running smoothly and the answer they gave was almost always the same.......THE FLY LADY!  So of course, I had to check her out and I have to say, I LOVE HER!

I have subscribed to her videos on YouTube and also for her daily e-mails, which are geared towards whatever level you are on.  I am a newbie to the "organized world of cleaning schedules" so I am on the "Baby Step" level.  I am now known as a FlyBaby and my first task as a FlyBaby is to clean my sink and make it SHINE!!! (hmm....doesn't sound too difficult for my first day!) I also love that she has a MONTHLY HABIT and for August it is laundry.  

I'm trying to get caught up so My Skippy Man has clean uniforms for work, sooooo.......
I'm spending the day with this bad boy.....and a couple of pots of coffee!

I am PRAYING I can stick to her schedule and get our home running efficiently again.  I would like to spend my evenings with my family instead of scrubbing floors or picking lint out of the dryer vents.

How about you?  Do you manage your home with a cleaning/chore schedule or do you fly by the seat of your pants like I have?  If you decide to join the FlyLady movement, drop me a line and let me know.  Perhaps we can keep in touch and be an encouragement to each other!  :D

Farmhouse blessings~
Laura

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post. With blogging for years and really being addicted to my computer I too am overwhelmed with all the things I haven't done. I am going to go to the links and hopefully find some help for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura.
    So glad that you found the Fly Lady.
    I have heard of her, of course, and she has some great tips!!

    I haven't heard of her site, so I should check that out.

    I've always liked things neat and tidy.... mostly because I cannot be cheerful amongst clutter :)
    I really believe "cleanliness is next to Godliness" not only spiritually, but I find that I cannot feel at peace and receptive to the spirit if our home is un-organized and chaotic.

    One more thing from my soap box....
    I feel that I have a stewardship over our home, and want to respect that stewardship, and my husbands hard work to provide for our family :)

    So.. I have a way that works for me, and has for nearly 30 yrs.

    I think you are on the right track, and before you know it, everything will be clean and tidy and organized... yay!!!

    Wishing you a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura,
    So good to find your blog again!

    The FlyLady helped me the most!

    I bought her books and tried to stick to her routines, although I eventually fell behind. Her system does work though and it's a great plan, if you work it!

    The greatest advice I took from her teachings was to clean the bathroom daily, so that you are never caught off guard if guest should come unexpectedly.

    So, I keep a cheap roll of paper towels and a bottle of cleaner under each bathroom sink and each day I wipe the toilet and the sink so it always looks presentable.

    Good luck on your efforts :) Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been using the Flylady for years,,,it's great. Even when I go for weeks without doing anything, so to speak, it's encouraging to remember that anything I do blesses my family and you are never behind..start where you are and take baby steps. Work it girl,

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!