Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Another Sad Day On The Farm

 Yesterday, I went out to give the ladies a little oatmeal treat. They were in their run, so I just reached over the side and scattered the oats on the ground. When they hear my voice, they come running.  They know that when I call them, I have a special treat in hand. It is not uncommon for Meredith to be the first one to come running, because she is at the bottom of the pecking order, and stays by herself most of the time, close to the house. I have to say, I have been known to sneak out when I know the others are off foraging in the woods, and bring her out some extra goodies. I just can't help it.....she's such a sweetheart!!

Well, when she didn't come running out with her sisters, I went inside the coop to give her a little something, so she didn't have to be run off by Gena, who happens to be at the TOP of the pecking order.  As I got closer to the screen door, I saw her in the back corner, by the basket.  I thought she was just hanging out, chillin' in the shade, but sadly, she was not.  At some point that morning, she had passed away.  I checked for signs of an intruder, but did not see any.

 
R.I.P., SWEET MEREDITH!
You are now home with your best friend, Bethany!
WE LOVE YOU, LITTLE ONE....
YOU WILL BE GREATLY MISSED! 



7 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. I am so sorry. It is always hard when we loose an animal-no matter the species.

    @ 3Beeze Hmestead

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 23, 2012

    Dear Laura,

    I say your sad post title on my blog list and wanted to say that I am sorry that you lost your hen. Poor little hen.

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousMay 23, 2012

    Hey Laura,

    I just now saw that you have my HOPE blog on your blog list. You are so sweet!

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear...
    I'm so sorry!

    {{hugs}}
    Kerin

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANK YOU, everyone, for your kind words!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!