Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Much Needed Break

This weekend, Skippy, Kiddo, and I went to Pennsylvania to go visit my BESTEST, BESTEST FRIEND in the whole world. I have known B and her family all my life. We have been through so much together over the years. I haven't seen her since she was down for my mother's funeral back in 2004. It is amazing how plans we both had for the weekend changed at the last minute, freeing both of our families up. I truly believed that God intervened and made it possible for us to have this much needed time of fellowship. I truly needed to get away and my precious Heavenly Father met that need for me! We stayed Friday and Saturday with her and her family and had a WONDERFUL time. We arrived about 10:00-10:30 and stayed up and talked till 3:00. How awesome that was, however we were showing signs of our late night the following day....well, at least I was! On Saturday morning, B made us a delicious breakfast of pancakes, Canadian bacon, and coffee followed by homemade bread with apple butter. YUMM! Later that afternoon, we went to the Duquesne Incline. It was a beautiful yet cold and windy day as you can see from the pics. lol Here are a couple more taken at the incline.


This is the Heinz Stadium


Another view of the Heinz Stadium In October, they light this fountain in pink for Breast Cancer Awareness month. AWESOME!!!



This building is where they filmed the outside shots for Inspector Gadget. Pretty cool, huh? I really liked the architecture of a lot of the buildings here.





Even thought the day was cold and windy, the boys had a good time. Kiddo and I, on the other hand, were "FREEZING!" lol




I just LOVE this picture of my Skippy Man and the one of B and me! :D



Aren't they all BEAUTIFUL! :D





I pray that we will not have to wait another 5 years before I get to see her again. She has been such a blessing to me throughout my life. I LOVE YOU, my sister!


Blessings~ Laura


2 comments:

  1. I'm really happy you had this special time with your friend. God is good! He knows just what we need when we need it. He's never late, never early; He's always right on time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 14, 2009

    Great Pictures :)

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!