Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Friday, March 21, 2014

A Productive Day

HAPPY SPRING, EVERYONE!!

I am very thankful that I was able to spend a nice, relaxing, productive time at home today. Aside from the usual things that need to be done to keep our home running, I had the opportunity to get my fabric ready for a quilting project I will be working on..........
redo the cover on the cell phone.......
 and make my very own tart warmer.  
I had wanted to get another one for the kitchen but they run around $10.00.  I had an idea in my head but wasn't sure how to put it together.  I went around the house seeing what I had to use and this is what I came up with.  It may not look pretty but it serves its purpose and does a great job making the kitchen smell soooo good!

What projects have YOU been working on?

Blessings~
Laura

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Laura. I'm getting ready to start a new quilt project myself. I haven't decided on fabrics yet, which is always the hardest part for me. I look forward to seeing what you come up. Hugs, Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore those colors! So pretty and feminine. Love your thrifty warmer. Is it working well?
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been cutting down brush and small trees but I really, really need to get started on finishing some quilts. Love your fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabric and your phone cover is so cute!!! Had to laugh at your tart warmer but it looks like it's working, very clever.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fabrics. Your project is going to turn our so pretty.

    Clever you! Love that you invented just what you needed.
    Necessity is the mother of invention ~~**grin**.

    Smiles :)
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colours! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laura,

    Those fabrics you have chosen are very pretty. They will make a beautiful quilt.

    I am impressed with your tart warmer; your kitchen must indeed be a pleasant place.

    :)Hope

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love the fabric for the quilt. You must post pictures of the quilt as you work on it. It is most certainly spring colors too. Working on two quilts and a couple knitting projects here.

    @ 3Beeze Homestead

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been working w/ my granddaughter teaching her the basics of sewing. But today I'm back on my own; patches to sew, shorts to hem, and a new bird feeder to make (out of a gal. juice jug.) I posted the feeder I made fall of 2012 (i think) and the birds love it because they can get in there while it's raining. Anyway, it needs to be replaced and so I'm making a duplicate. Quilting, of course. Thanks for asking,,,LOL

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!