Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Finding God In The Simple Things


On a morning I get to have some coffee, I like to pick a special mug. Sometimes there's no rhyme or reason as to which one I pick, however, this morning I picked a mug my sister Cathy recently gave me.

I was extremely tired so I picked this one, which seemed fitting at the time. As I was making my coffee, that scene from FINDING NEMO kept playing over in my head. After putting my creamer in, I clutched my coffee and literally said out loud, MINE!!! MINE!!! MINE!!! That's how I felt about my coffee today.....don't anyone touch it, it's MINE!!! Scary thing is, I was alone.

I don't know about you, but in the total business of life and all that goes on, some days I really wonder who I am and what my purpose is. I know I'm a daughter, a wife, Mom, Nana, etc, but sometimes I feel like I should be more, like I'm not enough. Have you ever felt that way?

As I sat there this morning looking at my mug, I couldn't figure out why those words, MINE!!! MINE!!! MINE!!! kept tugging at my heart. Then a scripture I have heard so many times, resonated so deeply with me......Isaiah 43:1


"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are 
MINE!" .....MINE!! MINE!!
 I love it how God can show us Himself and how He much 
He loves us through such simple things!

1 comment:

  1. I have felt this way so many times. Laura, and then, like you God's word always validates who I am in Him, thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!